Wilderswil Guide & Reviews - Lake Brienz Self Catering Holiday Rentals, Chalets & Apartments to Rent, Holiday Homes
The picturesque village of Wilderswil lies on the southern periphery of the Bödeli, the area between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz and just a few kilometers from the fabulous town of Interlaken - the gateway to the Lütschinen valley and the ski resorts of the Jungfrau region.
Wilderswil - Interlaken are the starting poins for many excursions and hiking trails that lead you in to the mountains. A popular trip is up to the Brienzer Rothorn via the rack railway. At 2350m, the panoramic views of the Jungfrau peaks are spectacular.
|Nearest airport||Berne (75km)|
|Nearest train station||Interlaken (2.5km)|
Featured Wilderswil Chalet Rentals
Accommodation in Wilderswil
Wilderswil is a very popular holiday destination throughout the year but especially during the summer with hikers and mountain climbers visiting from all over Europe.
There is a very good selection of self catering holiday rentals including chalets, apartments and holiday homes to rent which are excellent value.
Things to see and do
- Jungfraujoch – see the ice palace and gaze around the incredible panorama on the ‘Top of Europe’ at 3454m
- Take a steamer around Lake Brienz and see the spectacular waterfalls
- Explore the Lauterbrunnen Valley and try some gentle hikes on the 500km of walking trails
- Visit Mürren and take the cable car up to the top of the Schithorn for lunch at the Piz Gloria revolving restaurant which was one of the locations for the James Bond movie - Her Majesty's Secret Service
- Tour the Jungfrau ski areas taking in resorts such as Grindelwald and Wengen
Our view on Wilderswil
Wilderswil is a very pretty village and has everything you need for your lakes & mountains holiday - great lidos on the lake for watersports, several shops and restaurants and just minutes from Interlaken - a superb location to use as a base for exploring this stunning part of Switzerland any time of year...