Lake Bled Holiday Accommodation
Lake Bled Holiday Rental AccommodationVilla Rentals, Chalets & Apartments to Rent, Holiday Homes
Lake Bled is one of Slovenia's jewels and sits in an area of outstanding natural beauty. On the edge of the Triglav National Park and surrounded by the majestic Julian Alps, Lake Bled attracts an increasing number of tourists throughout the year.
The attraction is obvious when you visit - pleasant summers, lakeside beaches, hot springs, high mountains and breathtaking scenery in every direction.
|At a glance...|
|Spa & wellness||✔|
|Regional airport||Ljibljana (32km)|
|Nearest train station||Bled|
Lake Bled Hotels & Holiday Rentals
The spa town of Bled is the main village and is a good base for exploring the area whether its for the walking trails during the summer or skiing in the winter. In Bled, you will find an excellent choice of shops, cafes, bars, restaurants and clubs plus a casino.
There is an excellent range of lakeside hotels and self catering holiday rentals which are very popuar with families and certainly great value.
During the summer, the town is buzzing with tourists and booking your holiday accommodation early on is essential if you want the best locations.
In the peak months of July and August, the average temperature is a pleasant 19°C although it can climb to the mid twenties. At this time of year, the Triglav national is most accessible and perfect for exploring its rich natural wonders. The park is vast covering 4% of Slovenia and most of the Julian Alps. Close to Lake Bled, there are gentle walking trails, valleys, gorges, rivers and mountain lakes - the most popular attractions being....
- Vintgar gorge - an amazing 1.6km walk
- Sampling the thermal water pools at the various spa hotels
- Iglica waterfall - 24m high above Bohinjska Bela
- Pokljuka ravine just 7km from Bled
- Babji Zob - a 300m long cave with spiral stalactites
Things to see and do
Lake Bled and the surrounding villages offer plenty of activities and places to visit throughout the year. A couple of suggestions....
- Take a horse and carriage ride up to Bled Castle for some magnificent views of the lake
- A day or overnight trip to Venice
- Wander around the centre of Ljibljana, the capital of Slovenia
- Visit the caves at Postonja
- Take a boat ride to Maria-island in the middle of Lake Bled where you can wander round the 17th century church of Maria-Hemelvaart
Our view on Lake Bled
One of the most picturesque resorts in Europe which helps explain its popularity throughout the year.